ALL Power Labs Sales Terms and Conditions
ALL Power Labs’ products are covered by a 100% money back guarantee. If you buy something from us and find yourself unimpressed with the total value of the product, we’ll refund all your money (less shipping costs). We are committed to making certain that you are happy with your purchase.
If you decide to return a product, you must tell us within 30 days of receipt of the equipment. APL can not cover return shipping costs and a 15% restocking fee will be deducted from your refund. The return must include all parts delivered with the original shipment of equipment.
• Power Pallets are warranted to be free from defect in material and workmanship under normal use and service during the warranty period. The warranty period varies by part and manufacturer sourcing. APL directly warrants all parts we manufacture (i.e. gasifiers, electronics, and related components), and passes through the OEM warranty for parts we source and configure into our end products (e.g. engines and genheads).
• We will repair or replace, at our discretion, any part that is proven to be defective in material or workmanship under normal use during the applicable warranty period. Warranty repairs and replacements will be made without charge for parts. Shipping and labor costs for replacement parts are not included.
• This warranty does not extend to parts compromised by operator error, accident and/or misuse, corrosion or rust, normal wear, use in an application for which the product was not designed, unauthorized service, or any other misuse, neglect, incorporation or use of unsuitable attachments or parts.
• Use of unapproved feedstocks, i.e. any feedstock listed as red or grey in this feedstock requirement chart, as well as use of feedstocks whose characteristics are outside of its general specifications for size and content, will result in denial of warranty claims.
• Purchase of Spare Parts Kit and User Maintenance Kit, while optional, are required for validation of the warranty.
• Operating the machinery in manners conflicting with the instructional materials or contrary to advice or input from APL support personnel will result in denial of warranty claims.
• APL Manufactured Power Pallet Components
• APL gasifiers and related mechanical components are covered for 2 years from date of delivery. This includes items such as metal vessels, gasifier hearth, nozzles, air lines, auger parts, etc. Consumable parts such as gaskets, filters, and soft connections are not covered.
• All electronic parts are covered for 1 year from date of delivery. This includes items such as motors, switches, sensors, igniters, blowers. logic boards, etc. Thermocouples are not covered, due to their operator dependency.
•The GEK Gasifier Kit
• It is a DIY product aimed at research, education and home-brewed power-generation projects. While it is a complete gasifier system, other components will be required to integrate it into your final installation. There are a wide variety of possible use scenarios, but since the outcomes are wholly dependent on the user’s efforts, we can only offer a 90 day warranty for defective manufactured parts of the GEK Gasifier Kit.
While we encourage experimental uses, modifications and add-on components by the end user, damaged parts caused by such modifications will not be covered under warranty.
• OEM Manufactured Components
• Warranty coverage for OEM components such as the engine, generator, oxygen sensor, alternator, governor, etc. is extended to the end user from our manufacturers’ under the same terms and conditions. The items and warranty coverage is listed in the table below:
Manufacturers’ Expected Lifetime
|Engine||Kubota or GM||2 years or 4,000 hrs||10,000 – 17,000 hrs*|
|Engine Auxiliary Components (alternator, starter, water pump, O2 sensor, governor)||Kubota, GM, and others.||1 year or 2,000 hrs||Various|
|Generator||Mecc Alte||2 years or 4,000 hrs||20,000 – 40,000 hrs|
*NOTE: due to the nature of woodgas and depending on feedstocks and various other operational factors, your engine’s lifetime may vary.
• The engine will not be covered under warranty if failure is due to tar damage or operator error. However, we will cover any major failures of the engine that are not due to typical wear and tear. Consumable parts, such as air, oil or fuel filters, belts, hoses, lubricant, distributor, or ignition wires or spark plugs, are not covered under this warranty.
• Damage to voltage regulators caused by failure to ground, short, sudden changes in load that result in voltage spikes or overloading a generator product will not be covered.
When replacement parts are requested under warranty, the customer must return, at their expense, the damaged parts to us for inspection.
CUSTOMER TRAINING & READINESS:
• A biomass gasifier and genset form a complex integrated system, requiring correct use in order to function properly. To ensure the best possible service, and to ensure the protection of your investment, the Customer agrees to follow all safety procedures and protocols as recommended by APL in its manuals.
• Customer is responsible for having capable technical personnel, trained by APL, and agrees to ensure that only a properly trained and capable technician will operate APL products. On-site commissioning and operator training by APL is required for validation of this warranty.
• Customer agrees to perform all recommended Operations and Maintenance procedures as described in the Operation Manual in a timely manner. In addition to closely studying the documentation shipped with the unit, we strongly recommend that you have all operator’s complete APL’s free online Operator Training Course or access our training videos on You Tube.
CONFIGURATION AND DELIVERY:
• The Customer is responsible for all shipping, duties, taxes and customs charges incurred,
• The Customer must complete the “Electrical Configuration Survey” (we recommend the guidance of a qualified electrician to guarantee accuracy) before their Power Pallet can be built. This form will be emailed to the Customer by an APL sales representative.
• Delivery time is approximately 120 days from the time we receive your deposit. APL will make every effort to accurately communicate the expected delivery date. However, the Customer must know that there may be unforeseen delays due to engineering or manufacturing conditions, and APL will not be responsible for any consequences resulting from such delays.
• APL products are built to order, and APL reserves the right to cancel an order up to two weeks before shipment, and provide the Customer a full refund of all advance payments made. The Customer reserves the right to cancel the order at any time until two weeks before shipment, upon which the Customer will be entitled to a full refund of any payments made. This does not affect your right to return the product for a full refund if you are not satisfied after the purchase.
• APL shall not be responsible for any or all consequential damages, including but not limited to any and all financial losses, costs, expenses, work stoppages, loss of product, loss of inventory, damages to property, damages to assets, repair and/or replacement claims and /or demands whether by the purchaser and/or by any third party, arising out of the purchase and use of the equipment herein regardless of the cause of the said damages, losses, claims and/or demands. While we shall not be responsible for damages to appliances to be plugged into the generator systems, we highly recommend using a surge-protected universal power supply for sensitive electrical equipment.
• The Customer is responsible for the electrical interconnection of the Power Pallet to the equipment and loads that it will be powering and, if applicable, the microgrid and/or utility grid. The Customer is liable for any damage or penalties resulting from improper interconnections and/or use of the Power Pallet.
PROTECTION OF APL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS/PATENTS:
ALL Power Labs’ products are protected by US and international patents. The Customer
agrees to honor all IP rights belonging to APL, and agrees not to copy or reproduce any of APL’s
technology without prior written consent.
HOW TO CONTACT US:
If you need support or replacement parts, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Telephone support is available, however we prefer to use e-mail so we can better keep track of inquiries and to maintain a reference of the details of your request.